100

"Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake." ! Anonymous

That used to be me... but I am now committing to losing it... no longer can the thin person be sedated... in fact, once she arrives she might be a force to be reckoned with after years in the pantry!

It is offensive to me that many people think overweight people do nothing but eat one goodie and another... I literally have nothing to eat in my refrigerator except eggs. I don't have cupboards full of bon bons... I don't order jumbo pizzas (or any for that matter) and eat them by myself. I don't hoard cookies. I don't eat breakfast, and often don't eat dinner... yet my thin friends eat constantly.

This started out to be my journal to record my journey on Medi Weight Loss Clinic's program - I lost 50 pounds on that program in 4 months... it all came back rapidly when I tried to eat "normal" - as in eating fruits and more carbs...the Dr told me it would but I thought I had it figured out. He told me I probably couldn't go over 1,400 calories a day... surely not! He was right.

Now I'm doing it all over again......without joining Medi Weight Loss - I know what to do without spending over $100 a week.

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Why I DITCHED Medi Weightloss Clinic and Embraced the Low Carb High Fat Lifestyle

The first 12 weeks of Medi Weightloss were GREAT... the appetite suppressant worked great, my energy was high, I had no temptation.  I stayed on past the 12 weeks although the drug was then Topomax, which made anything carbonated taste flat and bitter and it killed my energy.

From eHow.com

Topamax is the brand name for the oral drug topiramate, an anticonvulsant medicine used in the treatment of epilepsy. It is also commonly prescribed to prevent migraine headaches in adults. A common side effect of taking Topamax is weight loss, induced by the drug's tendency to suppress the appetite. According to Bruce Goldfarb in the January 2005 edition of the American Diabetes Association's journal Doc News, clinical studies show that nearly three-quarters of the drug's users experienced weight loss, anywhere from 4 to 16 percent of their starting weight. There are, however, a number of adverse side effects associated with Topamax, including memory problems, insomnia, anxiety, dizziness, fatigue, tingling sensations and taste distortion, all of which must be carefully considered before choosing this drug as a weight loss aid

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_5388002_topamax-weight-loss.html

I did not stay on it very long, probably 6 weeks.... then went off and felt MUCH better ... and to think I was PAYING  Medi Weightloss $100 a week to feel bad.

I was able to maintain for about 6 months... then my dad had a lot of health problems, lots of time spent in hospitals and nursing homes, and eating on the run and the weight came back on FAST.

Weight Watchers was not an option for me since I am insulin resistant and that is not a good diet for me, too many carbs..........Medi Weightloss does work...... but they also know that most people only stay on it for 12 weeks then come back and do it again...........and again.

So, knowing that low carb high fat eliminates much of my hunger and a lot of the cravings since I've content, had something tasty, ate REAL  healthy food.... I decided it was what I was going to do without paying them to make me accountable ( money I could spend on new clothes when I got thinner).

And, I had a long talk with myself about this  - it is the LAST time I'm going to do this...........it's my weigh loss plan but it's so much more than that......it's my lifestyle for life.  I'm learning that one meal out that is off plan is not going off my diet.... it's one hour of eating that may or may not throw me out of ketosis. I don't beat myself up. I get back on plan. ( Added benefits:  less constipation and  often it jump starts me to lose more weight that coming week!)

AND - it also helps me to make good choices while eating out since I really hate it if it throws me out of Ketosis (when my body is burning stored fat for energy).

Try it.



No comments:

Post a Comment