100

"Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake." ! Anonymous

That used to be me... but I am now committing to losing it... no longer can the thin person be sedated... in fact, once she arrives she might be a force to be reckoned with after years in the pantry!

It is offensive to me that many people think overweight people do nothing but eat one goodie and another... I literally have nothing to eat in my refrigerator except eggs. I don't have cupboards full of bon bons... I don't order jumbo pizzas (or any for that matter) and eat them by myself. I don't hoard cookies. I don't eat breakfast, and often don't eat dinner... yet my thin friends eat constantly.

This started out to be my journal to record my journey on Medi Weight Loss Clinic's program - I lost 50 pounds on that program in 4 months... it all came back rapidly when I tried to eat "normal" - as in eating fruits and more carbs...the Dr told me it would but I thought I had it figured out. He told me I probably couldn't go over 1,400 calories a day... surely not! He was right.

Now I'm doing it all over again......without joining Medi Weight Loss - I know what to do without spending over $100 a week.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

CARBmaster Yogurt (Kroger's brand)

Have I mentioned that I LOVE it?  Not every flavor... but most of them!

Only 60 calories and  4 carbs - 9 gm protein



Blackberry is my favorite... a few of the flavors I think are really nasty but for the most part, I LOVE these... more than Yoplait or Dannon.

Carbmaster yogurt is what is called a 'dair' blend, a cultured dairy blend. This is a blend that looks like yogurt, tastes like yogurt, but doesn't meet Food and Drug Administration guidelines for what yogurt should contain, specifically the types of bacteria cultures.

Like normal plain yogurt, Carbmaster yogurt blends contain live and active cultures L. Acidophilus and B. Bifidum, bacteria that aid digestion, especially in people who may be lactose intolerant. L. Acidophilus also helps prevent yeast infections and aids in the body's ability to process vitamin K a chief agent of the body's blood clotting ability. The other bacterium, B. Bifidum has been linked to lower risk of allergies and is sometimes said to prevent growth in some tumors.

No comments:

Post a Comment