100

"Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake." ! Anonymous

That used to be me... but I am now committing to losing it... no longer can the thin person be sedated... in fact, once she arrives she might be a force to be reckoned with after years in the pantry!

It is offensive to me that many people think overweight people do nothing but eat one goodie and another... I literally have nothing to eat in my refrigerator except eggs. I don't have cupboards full of bon bons... I don't order jumbo pizzas (or any for that matter) and eat them by myself. I don't hoard cookies. I don't eat breakfast, and often don't eat dinner... yet my thin friends eat constantly.

This started out to be my journal to record my journey on Medi Weight Loss Clinic's program - I lost 50 pounds on that program in 4 months... it all came back rapidly when I tried to eat "normal" - as in eating fruits and more carbs...the Dr told me it would but I thought I had it figured out. He told me I probably couldn't go over 1,400 calories a day... surely not! He was right.

Now I'm doing it all over again......without joining Medi Weight Loss - I know what to do without spending over $100 a week.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Day Arrived


We've all had those days... you are getting ready for work, you get a glimpse at your half-naked body in the mirror and wonder, WHO IS THAT WOMAN? If fact, you're downright shocked and horrified... she looks nothing like the woman in your dreams or the one you see in the mirror most of the time ...unless, of course, you stop and take a second look.

For me, it's not just about shopping for clothes ... or hoping to remarry someday....(actually, no matter how thin I get I will still seek out that man who loves me for me, not my dress size... but that's a story for another day.

Today, I am going to speak about the day the thin person inside me kicked me in the gut. I remember it well, and hope the bruise sticks around for awhile.

I was getting my hair colored... glanced in the mirror at my plump face and wondered how those pounds I lost a year ago returned... without me noticing until one day NOTHING fit but my former fat clothes that were still in a box in the garage.

I am a stress eater... and I've had a stressful year.... my dad has had a year of major health struggles... I stop there every night and eat a few chocolates... popcorn... etc.   During the day when I think about his condition, I treat myself to a large cookies, to ease the pain.  When he's in the hospital, my mother and I get McChicken Sandwiches ... hot, spicy and only $1.... and 440 calories.

Another client was standing close to me talking about her recent weight loss and not being hungry... and eating real food.... with the weight just falling off.... no hunger... easy. Then she mentioned the COST.... First visit, $295. Each additional week, $80.  And you eat real food, weigh in weekly...pay your money and get your shots.

I gulped at the price.... she is getting divorced and has 5 kids... and said... "I can't think about the cost, when he asked me for a divorce, I called the next day."

And I snuggled down in the beauty shop chair and thought.... "I want to grow old to be there for my sons, I can't think about the price".  She gave me a business card to call and I did so that evening.

The next morning the weight loss clinic called to say they got my message.... they could see me on Thursday...Woo Hoo.

I made that appointment last Wednesday. Today is Sunday and Thursday seems like a lifetime away... the receptionist told me to fast before I come but drink plenty of water.... she also told me to eat normally this week, unrestricted, not to diet so I would go into ketosis easier once I start the process.

And so I wait....and anticipate the process.  I am eating things... like pizza and an ice cream cone today... thinking ... enjoy it because it will be months before I have those treats again and I'm OK with that.

I have a couple tubs of clothes I bought last summer that I can't get into ............... but hopefully within a month, I will.

I am ready... which is the biggest part of changing your lifestyle... you have to be ready.

I  am

I am

I am not thinking about the cost.... I'd gladly pay that to spend additional healthy years with my sons.They are my motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment