100

"Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake." ! Anonymous

That used to be me... but I am now committing to losing it... no longer can the thin person be sedated... in fact, once she arrives she might be a force to be reckoned with after years in the pantry!

It is offensive to me that many people think overweight people do nothing but eat one goodie and another... I literally have nothing to eat in my refrigerator except eggs. I don't have cupboards full of bon bons... I don't order jumbo pizzas (or any for that matter) and eat them by myself. I don't hoard cookies. I don't eat breakfast, and often don't eat dinner... yet my thin friends eat constantly.

This started out to be my journal to record my journey on Medi Weight Loss Clinic's program - I lost 50 pounds on that program in 4 months... it all came back rapidly when I tried to eat "normal" - as in eating fruits and more carbs...the Dr told me it would but I thought I had it figured out. He told me I probably couldn't go over 1,400 calories a day... surely not! He was right.

Now I'm doing it all over again......without joining Medi Weight Loss - I know what to do without spending over $100 a week.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dr.Visit


Ugh.... Who likes to be weighed?  Not Me!

I got the grim news... and my BMI.... and the breakdown that said how much of me was fat,  how much was muscle, and how much was water.  - 

Weighed, measured... photo taken blood chemistry drawn... injections given...EKG, History and Mini-Physical and a prescription for the appetite suppressant!

I had expected a lecture... but instead he said... this is not all your fault. You eat foods that stimulate insulin production and people who have too much insulin store the majority of the carbs they consume as FAT.

He also said that he knows this to be a fact:  Women can't stick to a diet and lose weight if they are hungry  - so if your BMI is high enough you will get an appetite suppressant  - 7 pills each week... the cost of those pills and the weekly B12 shot are included in your weekly fee.

The appetite suppressant can only be prescribed for 12 weeks... no more.  If you miss a weekly doctor appointment, you miss a week of appetite suppressants. No exceptions. They are very highly re gulated.... and I love them. It is so wonderful to go through the day and eat when your stomach is growling instead of thinking about food all day long. 

I left there with an insulated lunch bag full of supplements, and instructions for the first week.... I can honestly say it was $295 well spent.... every dime of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment