100

"Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake." ! Anonymous

That used to be me... but I am now committing to losing it... no longer can the thin person be sedated... in fact, once she arrives she might be a force to be reckoned with after years in the pantry!

It is offensive to me that many people think overweight people do nothing but eat one goodie and another... I literally have nothing to eat in my refrigerator except eggs. I don't have cupboards full of bon bons... I don't order jumbo pizzas (or any for that matter) and eat them by myself. I don't hoard cookies. I don't eat breakfast, and often don't eat dinner... yet my thin friends eat constantly.

This started out to be my journal to record my journey on Medi Weight Loss Clinic's program - I lost 50 pounds on that program in 4 months... it all came back rapidly when I tried to eat "normal" - as in eating fruits and more carbs...the Dr told me it would but I thought I had it figured out. He told me I probably couldn't go over 1,400 calories a day... surely not! He was right.

Now I'm doing it all over again......without joining Medi Weight Loss - I know what to do without spending over $100 a week.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Better than Medi Fast - the LCHF Diet




LCHF - Low Carb  High Fat Diet  (Also known as the New Atkins Diet) - You will lose weight without having to exercise.

Did I really say without having to exercise?  YES!

Many of us who have a weight problem have been told for years.. you need to exercise to lose weight... how did that work for you?  Chances are it didn't.

Most of us cannot exercise off our excess weight BUT.. we can change our way of eating - where we force our body to burn fat.  When we eat carbs, they are changed to a sugars and stored as fat.  We don't burn that stored fat until we require our bodies to burn it's own fat. We do that by cutting out the carbs and eating a low carb, high fat diet.

REALLY.  It works and it works well. Real Food, real fats... butter, bacon, fat on meat, etc

And we can have salt.

LCHF for Beginners

Do you want to eat real food (as much as you like) and improve your health and weight? It may sound too good to be true, but LCHF (Low Carb, High Fat) is a method that has been used for 150 years. Now, modern science backs it up with proof that it works.
There is no weighing your food, no counting, no bizarre “meal replacements,” no pills. There is just real food and common sense. And all the advice here is 100 percent free.
In 2013, Dr. Westman decided to release a 24-page pamphlet on Amazon outlining the basic tenets of the dietary program he uses with his patients called A Low Carbohydrate, Ketogenic Diet Manual: No Sugar, No Starch Diet. For about $5, you get the basics of his “No Sugar, No Starch” diet complete with tips and strategies for making this work. This little book just barely scratches the surface of explaining all the ins and outs of low-carb, high-fat, ketogenic diet.

  Dr. Westman my next book slated for an August 5, 2014 release entitled Keto Clarity: Unleash The Health Benefits Of A Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet that will go into great detail about Dr. Westman’s story about learning about low-carb from his patients as a traditionally-trained medical doctor, why being in a state of ketosis is so important, how to best make a ketogenic diet happen for you, the health benefits you can expect to experience, meal plans and recipes, and a whole lot more! We’re currently writing this book and can’t wait to get it in the hands of those who are sincerely interested in it (which apparently is a lot considering it was the #5 most searched diet term on Google in 2013).

No comments:

Post a Comment