100

"Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake." ! Anonymous

That used to be me... but I am now committing to losing it... no longer can the thin person be sedated... in fact, once she arrives she might be a force to be reckoned with after years in the pantry!

It is offensive to me that many people think overweight people do nothing but eat one goodie and another... I literally have nothing to eat in my refrigerator except eggs. I don't have cupboards full of bon bons... I don't order jumbo pizzas (or any for that matter) and eat them by myself. I don't hoard cookies. I don't eat breakfast, and often don't eat dinner... yet my thin friends eat constantly.

This started out to be my journal to record my journey on Medi Weight Loss Clinic's program - I lost 50 pounds on that program in 4 months... it all came back rapidly when I tried to eat "normal" - as in eating fruits and more carbs...the Dr told me it would but I thought I had it figured out. He told me I probably couldn't go over 1,400 calories a day... surely not! He was right.

Now I'm doing it all over again......without joining Medi Weight Loss - I know what to do without spending over $100 a week.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Pumpkin Coconut Flour Pancakes

Pumpkin Coconut Flour Pancakes – Low Carb and Gluten-FreePumpkin Coconut Flour Pancakes – Low Carb and Gluten-Free
Yield: 12 pancakes
Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Delicious pumpkin pancakes made with coconut flour and coconut oil. Low carb, gluten-free and dairy-free.
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 cup vanilla hemp protein powder (or whey protein powder)
  • 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (or honey or maple syrup for a paleo version)
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ginger
  • 1/4 tsp cloves
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 3 tbsp Kelapo coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 to 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Coconut oil for the pan
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 200F.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together coconut flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, 1/2 cup almond milk and vanilla extract.
  4. Add the egg mixture to the coconut flour mixture and stir well to combine. Add more almond milk if batter is very thick. It should not be runny.
  5. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add a little coconut oil. Once oil is melted, scoop two heaping tablespoons of batter onto skillet and spread into a 4 inch circle. Repeat until you can't fit any more pancakes into the skillet (you should be able to get 3 or 4 in).
  6. Cook until bottom is golden brown and top is set around the edges. Flip carefully and continue to cook until second side is golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm on plate or baking sheet in oven, while repeating with remaining batter.
Notes
Serves 6. Each serving has 14 g of carbs and 8 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 6 g.
283 Calories; 20g Fat (62.1% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 221mg Cholesterol; 404mg Sodium.


Read more: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/11/pumpkin-coconut-flour-pancakes-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html#ixzz3AnNE3Mw3

Read more at http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2013/11/pumpkin-coconut-flour-pancakes-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html#hmy8AqTJk6dYKAGl.99

No comments:

Post a Comment