100

"Inside some of us is a thin person struggling to get out, but they can usually be sedated with a few pieces of chocolate cake." ! Anonymous

That used to be me... but I am now committing to losing it... no longer can the thin person be sedated... in fact, once she arrives she might be a force to be reckoned with after years in the pantry!

It is offensive to me that many people think overweight people do nothing but eat one goodie and another... I literally have nothing to eat in my refrigerator except eggs. I don't have cupboards full of bon bons... I don't order jumbo pizzas (or any for that matter) and eat them by myself. I don't hoard cookies. I don't eat breakfast, and often don't eat dinner... yet my thin friends eat constantly.

This started out to be my journal to record my journey on Medi Weight Loss Clinic's program - I lost 50 pounds on that program in 4 months... it all came back rapidly when I tried to eat "normal" - as in eating fruits and more carbs...the Dr told me it would but I thought I had it figured out. He told me I probably couldn't go over 1,400 calories a day... surely not! He was right.

Now I'm doing it all over again......without joining Medi Weight Loss - I know what to do without spending over $100 a week.

Monday, August 18, 2014

IMPORTANT - Don't label yourself


I LOVE THIS~


The world is very good at labeling folks, we don't need to label ourselves. Be kind.  If you would not look at your best friend and say, "You're FAT!"  then you sure shouldn't be saying that to yourself.

I love this saying... you are not fat - you have fat. Most Americans have fat...you're not unique. You just have identified yourself as someone who is ready, or almost ready, to lose weight.

And, with the research behind how to lose weight showing a ketogenic diet works for most otherwise healthy folks, we can get rid of the fat.


No comments:

Post a Comment